Posted by Glenn Mills
on Nov 04, 2010 03:34PM
These videos are no longer available for purchase here. For access to all of our content, please visit www.goswimtv.com
Mobile Clip - Lower res for faster access on your phone or wifi device
Web Clip - Higher resolution for highest clarity on your computer
In GO SWIM FREESTYLE WITH KARA LYNN JOYCE, Olympic silver medalist and American record holder Kara Lynn Joyce shares the key focus points that she uses to develop her awesome freestyle technique. Kara Lynn’s six focus points work for every level of swimmer – novice to elite – and you can start to apply them immediately, next time you go to the pool. The extraordinary swimming footage of Kara Lynn, combined with clear, step-by-step instruction, will help take your freestyle to the next level.
• Discover Kara Lynn’s 6 key focus points for fast freestyle.
• Learn WHY each key point is important, and HOW each one will help you go faster.
• Each focus point is illustrated from multiple angles – side, head-on, below, and rear – and from above and below the surface.
• Slow-motion and freeze-frame footage allows you to zoom in on key moves and really SEE how to do them.
• Use Kara Lynn’s favorite drills to practice each key element…or just GO SWIM! The 6 simple focal points will help you improve, even without drills.
Bonus section includes full-speed and slow-motion footage of starts and turns, breakouts, finishes, and Kara Lynn’s favorite drills, and what equipment she uses.
KARA LYNN JOYCE is one of the most talented sprinters in history. As a freshman at the University of Georgia, she captured NCAA titles in the 50 and 100 free, then went on to win the 100 free at the 2004 US Olympic Trials and to earn two relay silver medals at the Athens Olympics. In 2007, Kara Lynn finished her NCAA career with 18 championship titles, including a four-year sweep of the 50 and 100 freestyles, and was named Outstanding Swimmer of the Meet for a second consecutive year. Kara Lynn is a current American record holder in the four relay events. She is a 3-time medalist in world-championship competition, and was national champion in the 50 free in 2006. She lives in Atlanta, where she trains with Jack Bauerle, head coach for the 2008 US women’s Olympic swim team.
GO SWIM FREESTYLE WITH KARA LYNN JOYCE was written, filmed, and produced by the team of GLENN MILLS, a member of the 1980 Olympic Swim Team, and BARBARA HUMMEL, veteran of two Olympic Trials and currently a coach and World Top-Ten Masters swimmer.