Main Set Monday - Remember Your Count
Getting a new season started, you should always revisit, and set up habits that will help you through the entire season.
An easy and important self-evaluation tool is simple stroke counting. It helps you measure another aspect of your performance without just looking at the clock. Learning how to make stroke counting a habit, simply means DOING IT. With that in mind, here's a simple set you can use to start building that habit.
Main Set - short course yards:
- 12 x 25 on :30 - reduce your count from 1-4 - Remember this count, the highest and the lowest, as you'll be using those through the rest of the set.
- 12 x 50 on :45 - use the same numbers as above, reducing the counts from 1-4.
- 12 x 75 on 1:10 - same counts as above
- 12 x 100 on 1:30 - same counts
If you're confused, here is a quick example:
- 25s. If my stroke counts were from 1-4 - 20,19,18, 17
- 50s - stroke counts should be - 40, 38, 36, 34
- 75s - stroke counts should be - 60, 57, 54, 51
- 100s - stroke counts should be - 80, 76, 72, 68