Main Set Wednesday - Flutter Kick
Going leg heavy doesn't just mean grabbing a board. Simply grabbing the wall can be a good start.
We started by reviewing Wall Kick drill so everyone knew what they'd be doing.
The entire practice is to be done focusing on driving from the kick, and keeping a constant kick going. No dolphins off the wall for this, the stability of the quick flutter kick off the wall keeps the body straight and allows the swimmers to focus on just how big or how small an effective kick for them is.
Main Set (short course yards):
- 12 x 25 on :30 - streamline flutter kick face down
- 10 x 15 seconds hard flutter kick on the wall - :15-20 seconds rest
- 12 x 25 on :30 - Start with streamline flutter and keep the kick going while you start to swim freestyle.
- 12 x 50 on :45 - Same as above, only focus on this off the turn as well.
- 12 x 25 on :30 - Streamling flutter kick on your back.
- 12 x 50 on :50 - Backstroke, keep the kick going.