- Receive one GoSwim video every week day
- New theme each week
- We choose, you get it delivered in your in-box
Become A Better Swimmer
Subscribe to GoSwim and gain access to thousands of videos that will help increase your swimming knowledge.
Find the techniques and fine points that will help you individualize your stroke for better performance.
The more you know, the faster you’ll go
Let’s get you signed in so you can keep swimming
Breaststroke - Brendan Hansen
Brendan Hansen's breaststroke like you've never seen it before!
In GO SWIM BREASTSTROKE, Olympic gold medalist and world record holder Brendan Hansen shares the key focus points that he uses to develop his awesome breaststroke technique. Brendan's six focus points work for every level of swimmer - novice to elite - and you can start to apply them immediately, next time you go to the pool. The extraordinary swimming footage of Brendan, combined with clear, step-by-step instruction, will help take your breaststroke to the next level.
Discover Brendan's 6 key focus points for fast breaststroke.
• Learn WHY each key point is important, and HOW each one will help you go faster.
• Each focus point is illustrated from multiple angles - side, head-on, below, and rear - and from above and below the surface.
• Slow-motion and freeze-frame footage allows you to zoom in on key moves and really SEE how to do them.
• Use Brendan's favorite drills to practice each key element...or just GO SWIM! The 6 simple focal points will help you improve, even without drills.
• Bonus section includes starts and turns, dolphin pullouts, Brendan's favorite drills, and slow-motion footage.
BRENDAN HANSEN is the fastest breaststroker in history. He is the current world record holder in the 100 and 200 LCM breaststroke, as well as in the 400 LCM and SCM medley relay. At the 2004 Athens Olympics, he earned a bronze medal in the 200 breaststroke, a silver in the 100 breaststroke, and a gold medal as part of the 400m medley relay. Brendan has won 9 world championships, and during his NCAA career at the University of Texas he was the 8-time undefeated NCAA champion in the 100 and 200 breaststroke. In 2006, a year in which he broke three world records, Brendan was voted Athlete of the Year by USA Swimming.
GO SWIM BREASTSTROKE WITH BRENDAN HANSEN was written, filmed, and produced by the team of GLENN MILLS, a member of the 1980 Olympic Swim Team, and BARBARA HUMMEL, veteran of two Olympic Trials and currently a coach and World Top-Ten Masters swimmer.