- Receive one GoSwim video every week day
- New theme each week
- We choose, you get it delivered in your in-box
Become A Better Swimmer
Subscribe to GoSwim and gain access to thousands of videos that will help increase your swimming knowledge.
Find the techniques and fine points that will help you individualize your stroke for better performance.
The more you know, the faster you'll go
Let's get you signed in so you can keep swimming
We look at Jessica's start and break out some things to watch for when teaching or performing starts:
• Eyes look straight down in the ready position.
• Arms and head hang in a comfortable, neutral position.
• Arms hang straight...not bent out to the side.
• Fingers are curled around underside of block.
• First action is to pull back with the hands and arms.
• Drive with the legs, trying to jump out as far as possible before heading down.
• Trajectory of the body is low.
• Take a quick look forward, then get the head and arms into tight streamline.
• The body enters through one hole in the water.
• Toes are pointed; feet are together.
• Deliver a slight downward dolphin as feet slip through the surface.