- Receive one GoSwim video every week day
- New theme each week
- We choose, you get it delivered in your in-box
Become A Better Swimmer
Subscribe to GoSwim and gain access to thousands of videos that will help increase your swimming knowledge.
Find the techniques and fine points that will help you individualize your stroke for better performance.
The more you know, the faster you’ll go
Let’s get you signed in so you can keep swimming
Visit our website to find more sequences, classes, and resources that will enable you to effectively and efficiently incorporate yoga into your training.
• Improves breathing efficiency
• Increases awareness
• Develops focus
• Relaxation response
• Start by placing one hand onto your stomach and one hand onto your chest
• This will give you feedback as you build your three-part breath
• Take a few breaths to notice what your natural breathing pattern is at this point
• Do you breathe through the nose or the mouth?
• What is the path of the breath through the body?
• Where do you feel expansion on each inhale?
• What is the length of your inhale and the length of your exhale?
• The three parts of the breath are the stomach, the ribs, and the chest
• First, empty the lungs
• Breathing in through the nose slowly feel the stomach fill, the ribs widen and the chest rise
• Exhaling through the nose feel that same wave-like rhythm in reverse the chest falls, ribs narrow and the stomach empties
• Over the next few breaths slowly allow the body to expand a little bit more on each breath cycle using more of your lung capacity